Saturday 31 May 2014

Beauty on a Budget: Skincare

This is the first out of ten beauty on a budget blogs in this series, I hope this will be helpful for you. But, I will say now the products I use work best for me and may not work for you.



There are two scrubs that I use but I have run put of one and need to repurchase it, the one I use twice a week is the St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub which is £4.29 at Boots. I've used a few different scrubs in the past and I have found that this works best for me. I get really stubborn dry patches sometimes and once I've used this it keeps them at bay for a few days as long as I moisturise after. The other scrub I use is the Neutrogena Spot Stress Control which is £4.79 at Boots, I only use this one I have a bad breakout though it's the only thing I have found has worked since I started getting bad breakouts at about 13. I also find this a quite calming face scrub as it has cucumber in.


 After I have exfoliated I moisturise using the NSPA Ultra-Hydrate Cream this as far as I'm aware is only available at Asda, this is great after using the scrub or just as a daily moisturiser I use it for both sometimes but feel it works better after the scrubs. It soaks into the skin great and quite fast, it can be focused mainly on dry patches and I tend to put more on them and just let my skin soak it in.


There probably isn't many people that think that the Boots essentials brand isn't very good but I love the Cucumber Eye Gel which is £1.50, for the price you can't really go wrong there are probably better eye creams/gels that are pricier and better but this is extremely purse friendly and it's lovely and cooling around the eyes, I could tell a difference a few days after I started using it. It's for reducing the puffiness and to hydrate and it has certainly done that for me.


Then last but by no means least there's the Garnier Moisture Match in Dry to Very Dry Skin which is £5.99 from Boots but I always seem to get it when it's on offer. I use this as a daily moisturiser before my make up and on a night after I take my make up off, it definitely leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. When I'm having a difficult skin day I also mix a bit into my foundation just to add that extra bit of hydration. I would definitely recommend this moisturiser and if you don't have dry skin check the others out as I'm sure you will find a Moisture Match suitable for you.


Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment