Saturday 28 February 2015

My Makeup Brushes: Part One Eye and Lip Brushes

Hey,

So I know there are a lot of expensive makeup brushes out there and not many people really say anything about cheaper ones, my make up brush collection is made up of cheaper brushes from Amazon and a few Real Techniques brushes, I reach for the cheaper ones more than my Real Technique brushes. I mean don't get me wrong I have nothing against more expensive brushes they just aren't in my budget, I might one day splash out on a few but until then I will stick to the ones I use.

Many of you probably don't like cheaper brushes because they can shed or they aren't as soft and it is hit and miss with cheaper makeup brushes but I don't have a problem with any that I use. The majority of my makeup brushes were bought from amazon apart from the odd couple.


So I will start with my blending brushes, the brushes a I bought all cost less than £4 so I didn't have high expectations of them when I ordered them;
1. I use this brush mainly for precise blending and softening eyeliner, also for applying eye shadow as well (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004IOIQ2I/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_roN2ub0YAMJ75).
2. Similar to the first I use this one for precise blending but I can create a nice smokey eye with this brush as well (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DO3ZB90/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_SmN2ub1DKDME5).
3. This brush I use for blending when I want to focus on one area (eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/single-brushes/blending-eye-brush/invt/1803).
4-7. These are a set of brushes I bought off of Amazon when I wanted some more blending brushes, 4,5 and 6 I use for blending and 7 I use for applying colour to the crease, I have them in black and pink as well,
   - Blue Brush Set (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MGA5MGY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dkN2ub1AE67VH)
   - Pink Brush Set (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M7XELSU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.lN2ub1CCCRM7)
   - Black Brush Set (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MG8VZ76/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_MlN2ub1MBEQ69)

8. Is a lip brush which I wouldn't have bought myself, but I got it in a beauty subscription box and I use it so I thought I would include it in this post, it's the only lip brush I won as I don't use it that often but it is really good quality brush and I usually use it when I have that bit of extra tip to apply lipstick. (www.glossybox.co.uk/brands/emite/lip-brush-l312/)
9. This brush I use for mainly eyeliner as my brows don't need filling in and I prefer angled brushes for applying gel liner, I did used to have a different angled brush but it was quite a stiff brush which was quite uncomfortable to use, but with this one although it is soft it is easier to apply liner and a lot more comfortable, the one I use was actually from a make-up set which I got as a gift, so I don't know where you can get this one in particular from but I'm sure there are plenty on Amazon.
10-13. These are all from the same set (www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C661V7M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_3kN2ub1HMED2R)
10. The spoolie I use to comb through my brows.
11. I use this liner brush for gel liners that are a lot softer and wetter, also for cream shadows that I want to use as eyeliner.
12. This brush I use for highlighting the inner corner of my eye and also for applying shadow to my lower lash line.
13. I also use this brush for applying shadow to my lower lash line but also sometimes for liner on my upper lash line.
14. This is just a standard shadow brush which I use for packing on shadow and also blending shadow and liner on the lower lash line. (www.barrym.com/products/accessories-gifts/brushes.html)
15. I use for the same thing as 14 but as it's bigger instead of using a blending brush when I am using a single colour I will use this to blend the colour out. This brush was actually from a brush set that I bought when I first started wearing makeup, although this was the only decent brush out of the set, it was only a cheap set off of Amazon.

I hope this was useful for those of you that don't want to spend to much money on brushes and are only starting out with makeup. 

Thanks for reading.
Lou
X





No comments:

Post a Comment